“Does Stress Shows All The Way Into Your Face?”
Effects of Stress on Your Skin – Stress affects the skin most of the time. The skin usually responds to stress. The result is skin aging , old, pale and wrinkled skin.
“You said you’re only 30, I thought you are already in your 50s, I’m so sorry.” Heard it many times right? and it doesn’t sound good . We feel so offended every time other people have mistaken us to be older than we really are.. But we cannot blame them if they see an older version of us. That’s how they see you!
People would always judge us on our outer appearance. We must admit the fact that stress causes us to look old and aged. The skin suffers the most during stress. When a person is stressed, you can easily identify it by his looks. Skin aging is the common result of stress.
Stress is the culprit. Stress often leads to numerous effects on our lives. Our health, energy and more often than not our physical looks are affected. Believe it or not, stress is the root cause of everything.
Let us clearly define Effects of Stress on Your Skin in terms of the premature aging process.
Stress is primarily a physical response. When stressed , the body thinks it is under attack and switches to a fight or flight mode, releasing a complex mix of chemicals and hormone such as adrenaline, cortisol, and norepinephrine to prepare the body for physical action.
How Do We Relate Stress to Skin Aging
Scientifically speaking , this adrenaline rush we are feeling if we are stressed is the feeling of a pounding heart and fast breathing. The rush of blood is directed only to the muscles that need focus during the time of stress.
If we are kept in a state of stress for a long period of time, it can lead to health deprivation and it can be highly detrimental to our health. Exposing our bodies to constant stress gives a negative reaction to our skin in particular.
It makes the skin looks old and wrinkled. Skin aging is the normal reaction of our body to stress. It is our body’s first defense to a stressful situation or events.
The Results of Having High Cortisol Level During Stress
- Increased in Sugar Levels
- Raised in Blood Pressure Levels
- Decrease in Libido
This is what stress do our body system. It turns our body system into a very chaotic situation. If you are feeling stress, you are putting your own body in dangerous risks. Therefore, exposing your skin in a stress damage that may appear permanently on you, Skin Aging.
How Does Stress Affect Our Skin and Making Us Look Old?
We clearly explained what stress does to our body during the fight or flight situation. The rush of blood going into the direction of the muscles that need it to exert more energy and force is good for a one -time situation only.
But feeling stressed all the time, the rush of blood to one part of the body is not good. You create a big problem. Some parts of the body that may need blood and oxygen to function properly is lacking.
In a long continuous time, that part of the body which lacks the proper nutrition would eventually deteriorate. The effects would gain result on the outer part of your body. The first to get noticed of the changes is the one considered as the largest organ of your body, the Skin.
Effects of Stress on Your Skin
- Stress dries up your skin
- Cracks may appear because of dryness
- Itchy Skin
- Dark Patches or Uneven skin tone
- Wrinkles and Crow’s Feet on the sides of the eyes
The harmful effects of stress on you may not get fully noticed until such time that your appearance has already changed. When people starts noticing that you are looking pale and old for your age, it’s your hint that stress is taking its toll on you. That’s what we call, Skin Aging.
Signs of Skin Aging
- Age spots
Effects of Stress on your Skin – Can It Be Reversed?
Well, the answer is a big YES! It’s never too late to correct Effects of Stress on Your Skin. You just need to find out the right formula for the proper skin care to regain the subtleness and elasticity of your skin. Look for a product that will work twice to hit the core of your dry, itchy and wrinkled skin brought about by too much stress in work, in the family and all the other things that bother you.
But remember that no creams will work effectively, no surgeries will ever be permanent if you still welcome and practice stress in your life.
We want you to lessen stress in your life , so that looking young and beautiful wouldn’t be so difficult. Learning how to reduce stress means lessening the burden to your skin and thus , preventing premature skin aging.
How to Reduce Stress?
- First. You need time to relax. Be cool and Stay cool. Never ever worry about the small things. Enjoy , we are not slaves after all, work is there to help us and not to slave us. if there are plenty of work to do, keep a time record on when to accomplish things. That way, you will never have to rush for deadlines and you will never be stressed anymore.
- Second. Keep a Positive Attitude. No one beats a person who is positive in nature. A positive mind attracts positive things. Be a magnet of good things. Be the one who initiates goodness in everybody. If you are positive, stress will fall out easily.
- Third. Take time to Meditate. A prayerful mind brings a peaceful heart. Remember that peace and oneness deter stress. We become stressed if we feel we are in a no retreat no surrender zone. If we know that we have a choice, a choice to be at peace , or to be at war with ourselves, of course we will always choose to be at peace. That’s what meditation do to us. It keeps an open mind. When we are peaceful, the flow of blood from our brain to the rest of the body is evenly distributed.
- Fourth. Listen to Music. It can help you relax and lay back while listening to a very relaxing mood and rhythm of your classical tune or a nature sounds. It creates a very relaxing situation that puts you away from your stressful mood.
- Lastly. Avoid Caffeine. If you cannot avoid it then at least lessen the intake. Caffeine induces sleeplessness to an individual. It makes you more reactive to stress than most individuals. Sleeplessness is one major cause of skin problems and aging.
So the next time stress knocks at your door, shut it out by following the simple steps we mentioned above. You will never have to worry about how you look in front of other people. A year without stress definitely cuts back decades off your age. Though it might be impossible not to experience stress at all, it’s all important that proper stress management is the key. Handle stress properly and do not let stress handle you. Bring back your body system back to life and you will finally discover the real fountain of youth.
Skin Aging can be avoided if you follow these simple rules to remove stress in your life. Relax and take things easily. Never let stress pulls you down. Remember, your beauty lies on how you handle yourself.
Looking haggard and tired all the time is already a sure sign of skin aging. Do not wait, Avoid Stress Now.
Posted By: AL
Sept 20, 2016