Honey For Acne Treatment – The journey in search of an effective skin care never ceases. People are in needless hope in finding the best cure and treatment for skin problems. Almost 90% of the population searching for effective beauty care are women.
The female population is regarded to be the vainest gender in the planet. Having said this, women would like to stay beautiful and young despite their growing age. Not to forget that the method they are trying to find is something free and natural.
A beauty care that would not make them spend a lot of money by undergoing expensive surgeries. As much as possible, the female populi is always looking for a cheap and all – natural method.
Intensive research and studies continue to discover the most effective method and procedure to induce the elasticity and suppleness of the skin to the aging female population.
Honey is a proven and effective way to beautify your skin. Honey is obviously one of the most effective and proven medication to a lot of illnesses. Besides tasting great and a natural sweetener to your delicacies, honey can also boast of its natural antibiotic content which makes it a very effective cure for burns and scrapes. Thus, honey can also be very effective in the treatment of acne and pimple.
We have known honey to be an anti-inflammatory and antibiotic agent. This content and characteristics of honey is the one that makes it super effective in treating the pimple and acne and other skin impurities caused by bacteria.
What Makes Honey an Effective Skin Care Treatment?
- Honey's potency as antibiotic and anti-inflammatory works best also for the impurities in the skin like pimple and acne. It contains an abundance of antioxidants and vitamins such as vitamin B2, B3 and B5 and a number of minerals as well.
- The sweetness of honey is very tough on bacteria. This is because it works as an antiseptic due to the antibacterial properties it has. Honey works as a good moisturizing agent too.
- Honey fights off the bacteria that causes acne and pimple due to its antibiotic properties. It also heals wounds effectively caused by the acne or pimple due to its antiseptic agent that produces hydrogen peroxide. Yes, you heard it right! Honey produces hydrogen peroxide through the enzyme glucose oxidase.
- Amazing ! This sweet little thing created by the honey bees seem sweet on the outside, but it is really tough on the inside.
- Since honey is an anti-inflammatory agent, it is capable of treating swelling, pain and redness brought about by the acne.
- It has some preventive works also. The high antioxidant content in honey makes it effective in combatting the damaged produce by the free radicals present in the environment.
Being a miracle worker, let us all taste the sweetness of honey. Taken internally, honey does cleanse the blood and boosts metabolism in the body. It induces proper blood circulation which is essential in eliminating toxins and impurities in the blood. This way your body becomes immune to infection and possible acne formation .
Are There Different Types of Honey?
Yes ,there are two types of honey available. One is the raw honey which can be defined as the pure concentrated nectar. The one naturally processed by the honeybees using the nectars they collect from flowers.
The other type is the processed honey which is already heated and filtered in order to get the refined honey. In this type of honey, it loses much of the potency of its anti-inflammatory and antibiotic agent because it is already processed.
Now if you want to get the most out of the benefits from honey, opt for the raw one. Raw honey is pure and concentrated. The effectiveness and therapeutic value of the honey remain intact. Thus, it makes a very effective measure to combat your skin problems.
The anti-microbial agent present in raw honey works best in fighting off the bacteria and getting rid of acne and pimples.
What Is A Manuka Honey?
You might say, I thought there are only two types of honey, then what is this Manuka honey you are talking about?
- Manuka honey is a special honey made by honeybees which fed only from a special tea tree called Manuka, which can be found in Australia and New Zealand only.
- Manuka honey is stronger in potential compared to raw honey. The microbial ingredients present in Manuka is greater. The presence of the enzyme methylglyoxal makes it more effective than the raw one. Manuka honey carries a 100 times more of this enzyme than other raw honey.
- Manuka honey is an extra strong agent of microbial potency. The double strength of Manuka honey makes it more expensive than the ordinary kind.
How Do We Use Honey for an Effective Skin Care Treatment?
Let’s Do the Honey Face Mask.
- Take a teaspoon of raw or (Manuka honey) honey. Put it at your fingertips, rub it gently and smear it onto your face gently. make sure that you cover the entire face with honey. Gently massage your face .
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse it off with warm water, then your face dry.
- Do this twice a day on a daily basis for two straight weeks. You may lessen the application as the day progresses and as you see the visible improvements on your skin.
Honey works miracle for your skin. if you just wanted to maintain your beauty regimen and applying honey to your face becomes boring. You might as well include honey in your daily diet. Yes, consume honey instead of applying it to your face.
Eating honey also reduces the sensitivity of the skin. You can safely consume about a teaspoon of raw or Manuka honey daily.
Tired of taking honey as daily vitamins? Why not find out different variations on how you can include honey in your daily habit without really trying. How about replacing your sugar with honey instead? Isn’t it more healthy ?
Or you may use it an ingredient to one of your favorite dishes or salads. There are a thousand and one ways to consume honey and making it a part of your daily diet.
Nature has given us the most miraculous gift we can have to naturally cure our illnesses and health problems. We just don’t go over the counter and buy those expensive medicines to give us the cure, Sometimes the best treatment is just around the corner waiting to be discovered.
Posted By: AL